Social media is a great way to connect with family and friends, but it’s also a great way to get tax information. Check out the following IRS social media tools that can help you keep up-to-date with your taxes. You can also use them to get the latest news on tax changes, initiatives, products and services.
- Twitter. IRS tweets include tax-related tips, news for tax professionals and more. Follow @IRSnews, @IRStaxpros and @IRSenEspanol.
- IRS2Go. IRS2Go is a free app where you can check your refund status, get tax updates or follow the IRS on Twitter. You can download it free from the iTunes app store or the Google Play Store.
- YouTube. IRS YouTube Channels offer short videos on many tax topics. Videos are available in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Tumblr. The IRS Tumblr blog provides the most up-to-date tax news.
- Facebook. The IRS Return Preparer Facebook page has useful posts for tax professionals.
- Podcasts. Short IRS podcasts provide useful tips on many tax topics. The audio files are available from the Multimedia Center page on IRS.gov.
The IRS uses social media tools to share public information, not to answer personal tax or account questions. Protecting your privacy is a top priority at the IRS. You should never post your Social Security number or any other confidential information on social media sites.
For more on IRS social media tools, visit IRS.gov and click on “Social Media”.